Our Coaches are local parents and youth players who volunteer their time to help our players learn about teamwork and sportsmanship and most of all FUN!
It is not always easy to handle 7 to 18 players who just want to run and kick balls and have fun!
To Coach House League all coaches must complete and sign a “COACH CODE OF CONDUCT”, this form can be found on Forms and rules on website. Log in to club registration link at top of home page, once signed up click Online registration volunteer application “Team Official application” make sure your Date of birth and your email is completed. You can receive Mandatory police check letter to take to local OPP by contacting Club Mananger via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Respect in Sport
Certification is valid for five years and the RIS Activity Leader certification program is transferable and recognized across other sports.
Certification and training is conducted by a two hour online course and the course fee is $30. Click here for course access. The RIS course will be refunded by Club if the coach submits copy of certificate and receipt to Club Manager for 2022 Season.
Police Screening Check is Mandatory and must to handed in to Club Manager once you have received a completed copy from the OPP. A letter from President can be obtained from Club Manager prior to submitting to OPP to prove you are coaching with SDYSC.
Community Volunteer Hours can be obtained by coaching a LTPD team during Indoor or Outdoor season.
Concussion Code of Conduct for Coaches and Team Trainers – MANDATORY – ONTARIO LAW
I can help prevent concussions through my:
- Efforts to ensure that my athletes wear the proper equipment and wear it correctly.
- Efforts to help my athletes develop their skills and strength so they can participate to the best of their abilities.
- Respect for the rules of my sport or activity and efforts to ensure that my athletes do, too.
- Commitment to fair play and respect for all (respecting other coaches, team trainers, officials and all participants and ensuring my athletes respect others and play fair). *
I will care for the health and safety of all participants by taking concussions seriously. I understand that:
- A concussion is a brain injury that can have both short- and long-term effects.
- A blow to the head, face, or neck, or a blow to the body may cause the brain to move around inside the skull and result in a concussion.
- A person doesn’t need to lose consciousness to have had a concussion.
- An athlete with a suspected concussion should stop participating in training, practice or competition immediately.
- I have a commitment to concussion recognition and reporting, including self-reporting of possible concussion and reporting to a designated person when an individual suspects that another individual may have sustained a concussion. *
- Continuing to participate in further training, practice or competition with a suspected concussion increases a person’s risk of more severe, longer lasting symptoms, and increases their risk of other injuries or even death.
I will create an environment where participants feel safe and comfortable speaking up. I will:
- Encourage athletes not to hide their symptoms, but to tell me, an official, parent or another adult they trust if they experience any symptoms of concussion after an impact.
- Lead by example. I will tell a fellow coach, official, team trainer and seek medical attention by a physician or nurse practitioner if I am experiencing any concussion symptoms.
- Understand and respect that any athlete with a suspected concussion must be removed from sport and not permitted to return until they undergo a medical assessment by a physician or nurse practitioner and have been medically cleared to return to training, practice or competition.
- For coaches only: Commit to providing opportunities before and after each training, practice and competition to enable athletes to discuss potential issues related to concussions. *
I will support all participants to take the time they need to recover.
- I understand my commitment to supporting the return-to-sport process. *
- I understand the athletes will have to be cleared by a physician or nurse practitioner before returning to sport.
- I will respect my fellow coaches, team trainers, parents, physicians and nurse practitioners and any decisions made with regards to the health and safety of my athletes.
By signing here, I acknowledge that I have fully reviewed and commit to this Concussion Code of Conduct.
Coach/Team Trainer Name: ____________________________________________
If your sport organization has adopted policies regarding (a) zero-tolerance (b) mandatory disqualification for illegal play that is considered high risk for causing concussions and (c) escalating consequences for violation of the Concussion Code of Conduct, please read and commit to the following section. If the following section does not apply to your sport organization, please disregard.
For further details on either of the Coaching critirias above contact Club Manager: email@example.com
Please could you as a coach add players shirt number to the game sheet.
To do this please log in to powerup registration click on your team you are coaching. Go to Players Ratings to add number to each player which is already got all your team members names for you. Near the end of season each season whether indoor or outdoor please log in again click team and go to players ratings add your ratings for the season. This will be a big help to try and make balanced teams for the following season. – Thank you!
DISCIPLINE HEARING DATES
6.30 pm Norfolk County Youth Soccer Park – 660 West St Simcoe. N3Y 4K6
June to September First Thursday Of Each Month
Learning about soccer is as much fun for the coach as it is for the players.
The game itself makes it easy to participate at every level and our coaches take pride in the achievements of every player.
All house league coaches must have a valid Police Check and hand in to Club Manager to be able to coach a team. All Coaches must sign a Code of Conduct form to be able to coach. Form can be found in “Forms”
We also encourage coaches to take “Respect in Sports”. The cost will be refunded to you so long as you send copy of certificate and receipt of course. Any inquiries can be submitted to Club Manager firstname.lastname@example.org